Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.
- Thanksgiving Quote by W. J. Cameron
Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Erma Bombeck
For me, cranberries have always been a traditional part of our Thanksgiving dinner.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Bill McArthur
And the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings for thanksgiving shall be eaten the same day that it is offered; he shall not leave any of it until the morning.
How wonderful it would be if we could help our children and grandchildren to learn thanksgiving at an early age. Thanksgiving opens the doors. It changes a child's personality. A child is resentful, negative—or thankful. Thankful children want to give, they radiate happiness, they draw people.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Sir John Templeton
I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Bible
Alcoholic beverages are to New Year's as a turkey is to Thanksgiving and a jack-o'-lantern is to Halloween. It's the central iconographic image. There's not much else.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Robert Thompson
Dear Lord; we beg but one boon more: Peace in the hearts of all men living, peace in the whole world this Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Joseph Auslander
Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Quote by W.T. Purkiser
Happiness is the realization of God in the heart. Happiness is the result of praise and thanksgiving, of faith, of acceptance; a quiet tranquil realization of the love of God.
- Thanksgiving Quote by White Eagle
Forever on Thanksgiving Day the heart will find the pathway home.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Wilbur D. Nesbit
I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pride slays thanksgiving, but an humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Henry Ward Beecher
Thanksgiving is a typically American holiday... The lavish meal is a symbol of the fact that abundant consumption is the result and reward of production.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Ayn Rand
Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.
- Thanksgiving Quote by E.P. Powell
Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Henry Van Dyke
Coexistence... what the farmer does with the turkey - until Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Mike Connolly
Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.
- Thanksgiving Quote by Edward Sandford Martin
There is one day that is ours. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.
- Thanksgiving Quote by O. Henry