I have ghosts in my house, or are they spirits? I call them Shadow People, because when they become visible, they are in the form of a long human-like dark blurry streak. There’s no denying, they are the spirits of dead people because these Shadow People are in the form of a human.
Are you thinking I'm crazy? Let me assure you! Absolutely not!
Have you ever woken in the middle of the night, the hairs on the back of your neck standing straight up on end, and in a cold sweat? When you look around to see what woke you see this huge black shadow-like figure shaped like a man, with what looks like a black cone shaped covering where his face should be. Ever experienced terror as these shadow like people moves closer and closer to you, until you shudder, or cry out loud, and then they seems to fade and disappear, leaving you utterly shaken and afraid to go back to sleep? If you have, did you convince yourself this was a nightmare or the result maybe of something you ate. Or something scary you had seen in a movie on TV, or just read in a scary book? Have you ever woken in the middle of the night, screaming in abject terror, "Monster, Monster!", because you just saw a huge black thing that looks like the shadow of a man with a pointed head in the room, skulking along the walls getting closer and closer, and when you screamed it disappeared under the bed? Of course, you look under the bed and in the closet and assure yourself to see if it was just a nightmare. Are you sure of this? These black shadows that have the outline of a man with a pointed head are not folklore, legend, or myth; they really exist, and have been documented over the centuries by doctors, lawyers, priests, pastors, artists, ordinary God fearing people, and lots and lots of little children. They are the SHADOW PEOPLE (ghosts)!
No one knows exactly who or what they really are, but Shadow People are really real!
Here are a few of my personal encounters with the Shadow People:
How do I begin?
It’s 12:15 AM; I’m alone in the house. My pets are asleep on their fluffy doggy pad which is in the living room.
I just now heard a noise. It was the sound of one of my floor heaters turning on. I went to investigate and found it was giving off heat. I then went to look at the thermostat and found it to be off. What’s even more eerie is the fact that I haven’t had my heaters serviced for this up coming winter yet.
I’ve had numerous encounters with these shadow people. I’ve seen them and heard their voices of at least two or three. Friends and family who have spent the night at my house have seen them, also.
At first, I was very much afraid of them, but now, I’m only just a little fearful. HELP ME! I must confess that at night, I will not enter two particular rooms where my shadow people like to hang out in.
I’ve looked into the history of my sixty-year old house and learned that years ago, a murder suicide once occurred in the basement. I also learned that a man by the name of Jump had died in the last bedroom. He lay there dead for weeks, along with his two little dogs, until a neighbor came to check up on him
My house consists of 5 bedrooms, a den, dinning room, living room, kitchen, laundry room and two bathrooms. It also has a HUGE basement. The basement has a doorway from my den and another one from the laundry room. The ghostly shadow people have a preference of mingling in the basement, the laundry room, and the last bedroom down the hall. Although, I have electricity in the basement, I never go down when it’s nighttime.
My shadow people only permit me to see glimpses of them. They prefer to appear in an indirect manner. I’ll be sitting, watching TV, or even typing or surfing with my computer, just like I’m doing at this very moment, and see the movement of a long vaporous figure from the corner of my eye.
Sometimes, my body lets me know that I have an unwelcome ghost intruder close by. I’ll suddenly get a chill and my skin will start getting goose bumps.
Sometimes I swear that someone is walking down the hallway (I have hardwood floors). There have been many occasions when I'm fast asleep, only to be woken by someone tapping on my ankles or feet.
A couple of friends of mine were sitting in the dining room once, and they say they saw the two of the Shadow People pass them from the hallway, past the dining room and into the kitchen. When they went to inspect the kitchen, there was nobody in sight.
My pets have had encounters with these Shadow People, also.
These are more of the strange, and eerie things that have happen in my house since the first day I moved in.
1. One early morning, I was showering. When I finished, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me. Suddenly, I heard the cabinet which is against the hall wall, shut. That cabinet has a distinctive sound when you open and shut the door to it. I was positive a LIVE intruder had somehow entered my home. I stayed in the bathroom, with the door locked for about an hour, fearful of coming out. For the entire hour that I stayed locked up in my bathroom, I never heard another sound. Finally, I wrapped myself with my towel and opened the door, grabbed my pets and ran as fast as I could to the front door and ran outside. I carefully entered the house, and checked every room, under the beds, and inside the closets. I didn’t find anybody.
2. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I heard a child scream loudly in terror, at the top of its lungs, “Papa.” Papa means daddy in Spanish. I rushed out and found nothing.
3. I heard two people having a conversation in the bedroom I’ve come to call, “The Shadow People Bedroom.” I couldn’t make out what they were saying, nor could I make out their gender. They continued to talk for the longest time and stopped when I rushed into Their Bedroom.
4. It was late at night and I was in laundry room. I had put up the ironing board and placed a few pieces of my costume jewelry to take pictures of with my digital camera. I wanted to make graphics for my web pages. I was leaning forward; ready to take the pic, when I suddenly felt something indescribably horrible on the side of my neck and ear. It was as if a person had placed its mouth on my entire ear and was sucking it with great force. I could hear this thing breathing inside my head. The sound was the kind of sound you hear when you dive into a swimming pool. I then felt its tongue enter deep inside my ear, then deep inside my eardrum, then all the way inside my body. It was like a long worm, or a long serpent's tongue had entered me through my ear canal. I slapped my ear, and in terror, ran out of the room.
5. I was sitting in the den, deep in thought, when suddenly the door of the basement opened with such force that it banged hard against the wall. It was as if whoever or whatever had opened it was in a rage. I continued to sit on the lounge chair, which was close to the door towards the hall. I didn’t see a thing, but I felt something had pass by me and out towards the hall. I then heard music. I got up and started walking slowly towards wherever the sound of music was coming from. The music lead me to the Shadow People Bedroom. I went to one of the windows. The music was coming from behind the curtains. I spread the curtains apart, and found one of my dolls, which you must wind up so she can start turning round and round to the little tune. I closed the curtain and went back to the den. I sat down in the same chair and listened carefully. Suddenly, I felt the presence pass me again. It went back into the basement, opened door then slammed it shut.
6. I was in the bathroom. My pets were sitting right outside the door, watching me. Suddenly, I saw one of them look into The Shadow People Bedroom, and then she whined and cried in terror. She ran in terror towards the den. This terrified me because I thought someone had broken into my house. I peeked into Their Bedroom and saw nothing. I ran towards Jewely, who was cowering behind the den sofa, and picked her up.
7. One day, I told myself that it was my imagination. I forced myself to sleep with my pets in the Shadow People Bedroom for the night. I was afraid but eventually fell asleep. Suddenly, something woke me up. I opened my eyes and saw the apparition for the first time ever. It was at the doorway. It was long and shadowy looking. I couldn’t see a face, just the figure of something human-like. I grabbed the blankets and pulled them over my head. A little later, I took a peek and saw the figure closer to me. I covered myself with the blankets again, and again I took a little peek. It was right at my bedside.
I closed my eyes shut, got up and ran out of the room. I had to go back again to grab my pets. I didn’t see the shadow person again.
8. One time, it was late at night and I was alone in the house. I was in total darkness and the only light was from my monitor. I was working on some stuff, when the Coco Clock in the dining room, started to coco, and after each coco, a man's voice would repeat the word "coco." This scared the living daylights out of me, so I grabbed Mickey and Jewely and ran outside the front door. I stayed out there for the longest time, because I was so afraid to come back into the house. I was sure some stranger had somehow entered it and was hiding somewhere. Finally, I did go in, slowly checking every single room to see who the hell was in there. Obviously, I never found anybody because I'm here to share this event, huh?!
The clock talked loud.
I threw it away,
it scared me what it talked.
- Quote by Tillie Olsen
9. Another time, I decided to sleep in THAT certain bedroom again, because I wanted to prove to myself that what I had seen the last time was only my imagination, and that Shadow People did not exist. After I had fallen asleep, again I suddenly awoke with a start, and again saw the outline of a man with a head that came to a point moving along the far wall. It proceeded to come closer and closer, and the closer it came, the bigger it grew. I closed my eyes and shook myself, thinking I must be having a nightmare. When I opened my eyes again, my mouth went dry and I started shaking uncontrollably. I wasn’t dreaming; I was fully awake. The "shadow" had left the wall and was moving ever closer to the foot of the bed! The air in the room had suddenly become dry and fetid smelling. I was paralyzed in abject terror! As the shadow reached the end of the bed, I fervently began to pray to God for help. As my prayers grew stronger the shadow grew weaker and slithered back to the wall and finally disappeared.
10. Recently, Grandpa walked into my computer room and asked me if I had just walked passed the hall. I told him no. He said that while he was watching TV in the den, he had seen a figure pass by, and actually saw a foot as the figure passed by, and out of sight. Grandpa said he then got up to check the last bedroom and didn’t see anyone there. He had assumed that perhaps it had been me.
11. When my four BIG burly brothers come to visit me from California for the holidays, they WILL NOT sleep in the Shadow People's bedroom.” They have had pretty scary things happen to them on the few occasions they’ve slept there.
They said that one time they slept in that room, one noticed a tall black figure standing by the door way of the bedroom, and called out my oldest brother's name but received no answer. He remained quiet thinking that it might just be a shadow or just an illusion.
He then woke up my other brother and asked if he could see the tall imposing figure standing by the door way. He saw it and asked if it was their older brother. They both called out my brother’s name and received no answer. They recalled noticing that the head of the figure reached the height of the 8 foot door way and realized that it couldn’t be human so they both ran out.
They re-entered the bedroom, turned on the lights and the figure had disappeared. They were convinced something was there. There is no way it could have been just a shadow or a bad dream. Since when do two people have the same exact nightmare?
While discussing the incident the next day, my oldest brother told us that he too had seen that same figures in his bedroom one night. He is convinced that that they are ghosts, evil spirits, or Shadow People.
So far, the Shadow People living in my house have never hurt me, but it's quite unnerving to know that these dark spirits are actually living in my house; that these Shadow People are watching those who sleep in that particular bedroom.
Have you had an experience with Shadow People, ghosts, or spirits? If you would like to share your story, click the button and send it to me, along with your permission that I can create a page for it. If you would like your name to appear at the end of your story, or if you would like to remain anonymous, please let me know.
- Savanah Hindi
Bookmark this page so you can find your Shadow People story.